Sugarbush Soaring is now closed for the season, but we will reopen on Saturday May 20th 2023.
Please join us then!
Tired of hot dusty summers? We're hiring! Please see our job opportunities page.
Come Soar With Us!
Welcome to one of the most beautiful places in the country to fly gliders – Vermont's Mad River Valley. At Sugarbush Soaring we offer flight instruction, scenic rides, introductory flights, and aero tows.
What makes Sugarbush Soaring special?
- The Warren Sugarbush airport (0B7) is one of the premier soaring locations in the US. On any given day you could experience one of the three forms of soaring lift — thermal, ridge or the famous Sugarbush Wave (or in some cases, all three!). The topography of our valley provides for a fun and unique soaring environment for pilots of all levels.
- We are open for rides and lessons 6 days a week (closed on Tuesdays).
- We have professional, friendly, experienced staff who love to teach.
- We have a well-maintained, diverse fleet of gliders.
- We have vibrant Youth Programs supported by Flight Experience For Youth (FEFY), a 501(c)(3). Donate Now to Help Youth Soar!
You can easily find us using Waze or Google Maps.
First time flying into Sugarbush? Please click here for airport information.
If you'd like to see our current weather, check out our Valley Cam, Airport Cam and Wave Cam!
Looking for more information about our youth soaring camps? Click here for details.