We Will Soar Again!
Although Sugarbush Soaring was closed during our 2020 season because of COVID-19 concerns, the good news on the vaccine front has made us very optimistic about resuming operations this year. A combination of government grants and loans, aggressive cost cutting, donations from generous members, and a cash buffer left over from a record-setting 2019 have helped us to weather this storm. Our board of directors is now actively planning for the 2021 season and needs community engagement more than ever.
Thanks to our youth members and cash donations from across the aviation community, our airport is as pristine as ever. To see what they accomplished, please watch this video. It highlights all of the hard work they performed over the summer and was filmed and produced by one of our youth members. We’re proud of all of them and are constantly amazed by their boundless energy and ability to learn.
We’d like to repay their generosity of time and spirit by helping our non-profit Flight Experience for Youth fund a rebuild of their beloved 2-33, which was totaled during a windstorm in 2017. Any donations are much appreciated, and as far as we’re concerned they couldn’t go to a better cause. Please click here to learn more about this fundraiser and to donate. All donations are tax deductible, and a generous donor has agreed to match the next $2,500 donated.
Thank you for all of your support and please come soar with us next year!
Come Soar With Us!
Welcome to one of the most beautiful places in the country to fly gliders – Vermont's Mad River Valley. At Sugarbush Soaring we offer flight instruction, scenic rides, rentals, introductory flights, and aero tows.
What makes Sugarbush Soaring special?
- The Warren Sugarbush airport (0B7) is one of the premier soaring locations in the US. On any given day you could experience one of the three forms of soaring lift — thermal, ridge or the famous Sugarbush Wave (or in some cases, all three!). The topography of our valley provides for a fun and unique soaring environment for pilots of all levels.
- We are a full-time operation, open for rides and lessons 7 days a week.
- We have professional, friendly, experienced staff who love to teach.
- We have a well-maintained, diverse fleet of gliders.
- We have vibrant Youth Programs supported by Flight Experience For Youth (FEFY), a 501(c)(3). Donate Now to Help Youth Soar!
First time flying into Sugarbush? Please click here for airport information.
Looking for information on our 2021 Youth Soaring Camps? If you'd like learn more about our camps or hear about other ways for youth to soar with us please email email@example.com.