After a long and careful consideration of the issues concerning safe flight in the COVID-19 environment, the Sugarbush Soaring board of directors has decided to close for the 2020 season. The close quarters and shared air of the cockpit, the wide demographics of our scenic flight passengers, students and campers, the Vermont isolation and mandatory quarantine orders, the increased risk management difficulties, and our absolute insistence on maintaining a safe flight operation make this decision the correct one. We have tried our best to find a way to open in 2020, but safety is our number one priority.
We will not be offering rides, flight instruction, summer camps, or other youth programs until the 2021 season.
For current COVID-19 information and best practices for protecting your health, please review the Vermont Department of Health web site. Any visitors from outside Vermont or locals considering whether to attend or organize an event should first consult this web site, as their recommendations change quite often.
Come Soar With Us!
Welcome to one of the most beautiful places in the country to fly gliders – Vermont's Mad River Valley. At Sugarbush Soaring we offer flight instruction, scenic rides, rentals, introductory flights, and aero tows.
What makes Sugarbush Soaring special?
- The Warren Sugarbush airport (0B7) is one of the premier soaring locations in the US. On any given day you could experience one of the three forms of soaring lift — thermal, ridge or the famous Sugarbush Wave (or in some cases, all three!). The topography of our valley provides for a fun and unique soaring environment for pilots of all levels.
- We are a full-time operation, open for rides and lessons 7 days a week.
- We have professional, friendly, experienced staff who love to teach.
- We have a well-maintained, diverse fleet of gliders.
- We have vibrant Youth Programs supported by Flight Experience For Youth (FEFY), a 501(c)(3). Donate Now to Help Youth Soar!
First time flying into Sugarbush? Please click here for airport information.
Looking for information on our 2021 Youth Soaring Camps? If you'd like learn more about our camps or hear about other ways for youth to soar with us please email email@example.com.