Youth Airport Day
SSA in partnership with Flight Experience for Youth (FEFY) offers an annual Youth Airport Day. The objective is to attract youth (ages 10-18) and parents who are interested in aviation to the Warren Sugarbush airport to learn about flying. Up to twenty youth will receive a free glider lesson.
The 2019 Youth Day was held on Sunday June 23. See pictures of the 2019 event here.
The event runs from 9am to 4pm and includes:
- An introductory ground school on how airplanes/gliders fly
- A free 20-minute glider lesson
- Ground tours of multiple airplanes and gliders
- A tour of the airport
- A free lunch (cook-out style)
Parents are welcome to stay for the day to watch the action. The free glider lessons are limited to the youth.
Restrictions for Youth Airport Day:
- Our minimum age is 10 years old providing he or she is big enough to be safely secured by the seat belts and he or she is mature and capable of following instructions from the pilot.
- The maximum age is 18.
- Our maximum passenger weight is 242 lbs.
This event is intended for youth in our local area. Space is limited and the twenty slots are awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
If you would like to participate in future Youth Airport Days, the youth (not parents) should email us at email@example.com to request an application form and permission slip.
In order to be considered, the application form needs to be submitted no later than two weeks prior to the event. Check this page for announcements of future dates.
This event is funded by charitable contributions to FEFY, a 501(c)(3) in partnership with Sugarbush Soaring Association.